At WineTutor.tv we're committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of the visitors and subscribers to our website. In particular, we want you to know that we're not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
Types of data we collect
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the service or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the service more useful to you.
What are your choices regarding cookies
When someone visits WineTutor.tv we use a third party service, Mixpanel Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the parts of the site or which students watch certain categories of films. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone and helps us to understand how the site is being used so that we can make improvements to it.
We do not allow Mixpanel to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for WineTutor.tv we collect personal information.
We use that information for a number of reasons:
- to notify you when new films have been uploaded; to share with you information that we believe to be in your academic interest from our film sponsor partners;
- to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information;
- to check that our records are correct, and to check every now and then that you're happy and satisfied.
We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
We may share anonymised demographic information with other organisations, particularly our film sponsor partners, who use this to analyse our audience demographic.
Without this data we would not be able to provide you with high quality content for free.
We do not share personal information such as your name or email address, or allow any third party to contact you directly.
We may share your personal Data with relevant authorities - but only if instructed to do so by a court order in order to facilitate the detection of crime.
Keeping Data Secure
We use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
- We use industry standard SSL encryption so that none of the information you enter into the registration, contact or login forms can be intercepted and read by third parties.
- We store your personal Data on secure servers.
- We have suitable technical and organisational measures in place to protect any personal information submitted to us via this website, and to deal with any suspected Data breach. If you suspect misuse, loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by sending an email to: email@example.com
Transfers outside the european economic area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
- We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
- To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view the personal information that we hold, or request us to amend or delete any personal information we hold, except where such information is required to be retained by us for accounting or tax purposes.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Email your request to Tim Wildman at firstname.lastname@example.org